The primary structure of crystallizable monoclonal immunoglobulin IgG1 Kol. II. Amino acid sequence of the L-chain, gamma-type, subgroup IKratzin, H.D., Palm, W., Stangel, M., Schmidt, W.E., Friedrich, J., Hilschmann, N.
(1989) Biol.Chem.Hoppe-Seyler 370: 263-272
- PubMed: 2713105
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- PubMed Abstract:
- Crystal Structure of the Human Fab Fragment Kol and its Comparison with the Intact Kol Molecule
Matsushima, M.,Marquart, M.,Jones, T.A.,Colman, P.M.,Bartels, K.,Huber, R.
(1978) J.Mol.Biol. 121: 441
- Crystallographic Refinement and Atomic Models of the Intact Immunoglobulin Molecule Kol and its Antigen-Binding Fragment at 3.0 Angstroms and 1.9 Angstroms Resolution
Marquart, M.,Deisenhofer, J.,Huber, R.,Palm, W.
(1980) J.Mol.Biol. 141: 369
- Structure of the Human Antibody Molecule Kol (Immunoglobulin G1). An Electron Density Map at 5 Angstroms Resolution
Colman, P.M.,Deisenhofer, J.,Huber, R.,Palm, W.
(1976) J.Mol.Biol. 100: 257
- The Three-Dimensional Structure of Antibodies
Marquart, M.,Deisenhofer, J.
(1982) Immunol.Today 3: 160
- Crystallographic Structure Studies of an Igg Molecule and an Fc Fragment
Huber, R.,Deisenhofer, J.,Colman, P.M.,Matsushima, M.,Palm, W.
(1976) Nature 264: 415
The immunoglobulin Kol was the first intact antibody molecule which was characterized by high-resolution X-ray crystallography. Furthermore the complete amino-acid sequence of the heavy (H)-chain is known. Here we report the complete amino-acid seque ...
The immunoglobulin Kol was the first intact antibody molecule which was characterized by high-resolution X-ray crystallography. Furthermore the complete amino-acid sequence of the heavy (H)-chain is known. Here we report the complete amino-acid sequence of the light (L)-chain of the monoclonal immunoglobulin Kol (IgG1). The polypeptide has an Mr of 22,781, consists of 216 amino acids and due to its structure is of the lambda-type. With the characteristic amino acids threonine, asparagine, threonine, glycine and lysine in positions 101, 114, 116, 154, and 165, respectively the Kol L-chain is of the Mcg isotype. With the proteins Mcg, Mot, Bur, Loc and Mem six myeloma-derived amino-acid sequences of the same isotype are known. The amino-acid sequence of the N-terminal variable part is characteristic of subgroup 1. This contribution completes the primary structure of IgG1 Kol.
max-Planck-Institut für experimentelle Medizin, Abteilung Immunchemie, Göttingen.