The refined 2.0 A X-ray crystal structure of the complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and CMTI-I, a trypsin inhibitor from squash seeds (Cucurbita maxima). Topological similarity of the squash seed inhibitors with the carboxypeptidase A inhibitor from potatoesBode, W., Greyling, H.J., Huber, R., Otlewski, J., Wilusz, T.
(1989) FEBS Lett. 242: 285-292
- PubMed: 2914611
- PubMed Abstract:
- The Squash Family of Serine Proteinase Inhibitors. Amino Acid Sequences and Association Equilibrium Constants of Inhibitors from Squash, Summer Squash, Zucchini, and Cucumber Seeds
Wieczorek, M.,Otlewski, J.,Cook, J.,Parks, K.,Leluk, J.,Wilimowska-Pelc, A.,Polanowski, A.,Wilusz, T.,Laskowski Junior, M.
(1985) Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 126: 646
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Solution and X-Ray Structures of Squash Trypsin Inhibitor Exhibit the Same Conformation of the Proteinase Binding Loop
Holak, T.A.,Bode, W.,Huber, R.,Otlewski, J.,Wilusz, T.
(1989) J.Mol.Biol. 210: 649
- Ligand Binding: Proteinase-Protein Inhibitor Interactions
Bode, W.,Huber, R.
(1991) Curr.Opin.Struct.Biol. 1: 45
- Amino-Acid Sequence of Two Trypsin Isoinhibitors, Itd I and Itd III from Squash Seeds (Cucurbita Maxima)
Wilusz, T.,Wieczorek, M.,Polanowski, A.,Denton, A.,Cook, J.,Laskowski Junior, M.
(1983) Hoppe-Seyler's Z.Physiol.Chem. 364: 93
- The Refined Crystal Structure of Bovine Beta-Trypsin at 1.8 Angstroms Resolution. Crystallographic Refinement, Calcium Binding Site, Benzamidine Binding Site and Active Site at Ph 7.0
Bode, W.,Schwager, P.
(1975) J.Mol.Biol. 98: 693
The stoichiometric complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and the Cucurbita maxima trypsin inhibitor I (CMTI-I) was crystallized and its X-ray crystal structure determined using Patterson search techniques. Its structure has been crystallographic ...
The stoichiometric complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and the Cucurbita maxima trypsin inhibitor I (CMTI-I) was crystallized and its X-ray crystal structure determined using Patterson search techniques. Its structure has been crystallographically refined to a final R value of 0.152 (6.0-2.0 A). CMTI-I is of ellipsoidal shape; it lacks helices or beta-sheets, but consists of turns and connecting short polypeptide stretches. The disulfide pairing is CYS-3I-20I, Cys-10I-22I and Cys-16I-28I. According to the polypeptide fold and disulfide connectivity its structure resembles that of the carboxypeptidase A inhibitor from potatoes. Thirteen of the 29 inhibitor residues are in direct contact with trypsin; most of them are in the primary binding segment Val-2I (P4)-Glu-9I (P4') which contains the reactive site bond Arg-5I-Ile-6I and is in a conformation observed also for other serine proteinase inhibitors.
Max-Planck-Institut für Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG.