Structure of alpha-chymotrypsin refined at 1.68 A resolution.Tsukada, H., Blow, D.M.
(1985) J.Mol.Biol. 184: 703-711
- PubMed: 4046030
- PubMed Abstract:
- Comparison of the Crystal Structures of Chymotrypsinogen-A and Alpha-Chymotrypsin
(1973) J.Mol.Biol. 79: 1
- Structure of Crystalline Alpha-Chymotrypsin. Iv. The Structure of Indoleacryloyl-Alpha-Chymotrypsin and its Relevance to the Hydrolytic Mechanism of the Enzyme
(1970) J.Mol.Biol. 54: 341
- Chymotrypsin-Chemical Properties and Catalysis
(1971) The Enzymes,Third Edition 3: 213
- Alpha-Chymotrypsin,What Can We Learn About Catalysis from X-Ray Diffraction (Query).
Henderson, R.,Wright, C.S.,Hess, G.P.,Blow, D.M.
(1972) Cold Spring Harbor Symp.Quant.Biol. 36: 63
- Structure of Crystalline Alpha-Chymotrypsin. II. A Preliminary Report Including a Hypothesis for the Activation Mechanism
Sigler, P.B.,Blow, D.M.,Matthews, B.W.,Henderson, R.
(1968) J.Mol.Biol. 35: 143
- Structure of Crystalline Methyl-Chymotrypsin
Wright, C.S.,Hess, G.P.,Blow, D.M.
(1972) J.Mol.Biol. 63: 295
- The Active Centers of Serine Proteinases
(1974) Ann.N.Y.Acad.Sci. 227: 438
- The Structure of Alpha-Chymotrypsin
Birktoft, J.J.,Blow, D.M.,Henderson, R.,Steitz, T.A.
(1970) Philos.Trans.R.Soc.London,Ser.B 257: 67
- The Structure of Chymotrypsin
(1971) The Enzymes,Third Edition 3: 185
- Three-Dimensional Structure of Tosyl-Alpha-Chymotrypsin
Matthews, B.W.,Sigler, P.B.,Henderson, R.,Blow, D.M.
(1967) Nature 214: 652
- Structure and Mechanism of Chymotrypsin
(1976) Acc.Chem.Res. 9: 145
- Structure of Crystalline Alpha-Chymotrypsin. III. Crystallographic Studies of Substrates and Inhibitors Bound to the Active Site of Alpha-Chymotrypsin
Steitz, T.A.,Henderson, R.,Blow, D.M.
(1969) J.Mol.Biol. 46: 337
- The Study of Alpha-Chymotrypsin by X-Ray Diffraction
(1969) Biochem.J. 112: 261
- Structure of Crystalline Alpha-Chymotrypsin. V. The Atomic Structure of Tosyl-Alpha-Chymotrypsin at 2 Angstroms Resolution
Birktoft, J.J.,Blow, D.M.
(1972) J.Mol.Biol. 68: 187
Diffraction data for alpha-chymotrypsin crystals at -10 degrees C were measured at 1.68 A resolution and refined by restrained structure-factor least-squares refinement. The two independent chymotrypsin molecules in the crystallographic asymmetric un ...
Diffraction data for alpha-chymotrypsin crystals at -10 degrees C were measured at 1.68 A resolution and refined by restrained structure-factor least-squares refinement. The two independent chymotrypsin molecules in the crystallographic asymmetric unit were refined independently. The overall structure of alpha-chymotrypsin is little changed from published co-ordinates. The root-mean-square shift of C alpha co-ordinates is 0.42 A, co-ordinates for the two molecules showing a root-mean-square difference of 0.19 A. Certain regions with high disorder (residues 9 to 14, 73 to 79) remain difficult to interpret and several side-chains are disordered. Some water molecule positions have been changed. The absence of the tosyl group has made a significant difference to the refined structure at the active site. This now agrees closely with other enzymes of the trypsin family that have been refined at high resolution. There is a strong hydrogen bond between N epsilon 2 (His57) and O gamma (Ser195) in the free enzyme, in line with the published description of the charge relay system.