Refinement at 1.4 A resolution of a model of erabutoxin b: treatment of ordered solvent and discrete disorder.Smith, J.L., Corfield, P.W., Hendrickson, W.A., Low, B.W.
(1988) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.A 44: 357-368
- PubMed: 3272151
- DOI: 10.1107/s0108767388000303
- PubMed Abstract:
- The Toxin-Agglutinin Fold. A New Group of Small Protein Structures Organized Around a Four-Disulfide Core
Drenth, J.,Low, B.W.,Richardson, J.S.,Wright, C.S.
(1980) J.Biol.Chem. 255: 2652
- Three Dimensional Structure of Erabutoxin B Neurotoxic Protein. Inhibitor of Acetylcholine Receptor
Low, B.W.,Preston, H.S.,Sato, A.,Rosen, L.S.,Searl, J.E.,Rudko, A.D.,Richardson, J.S.
(1976) Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 73: 2991
- Erabutoxin B. Structure(Slash)Function Relationships Following Initial Protein Refinement at 0.140-Nm Resolution
Low, B.W.,Corfield, P.W.R.
(1986) Eur.J.Biochem. 161: 579
- Erabutoxin B. Initial Protein Refinement and Sequence Analysis at 0.140-Nm Resolution
Bourne, P.E.,Sato, A.,Corfield, P.W.R.,Rosen, L.S.,Birken, S.,Low, B.W.
(1985) Eur.J.Biochem. 153: 521
- X-Ray Crystallographic Study of the Erabutoxins and of a Diiodo Derivative
Low, B.W.,Potter, R.,Jackson, R.B.,Tamiya, N.,Sato, S.
(1971) J.Biol.Chem. 246: 4366
- Acetylcholine Receptor. Alpha-Toxin Binding Site-Theoretical and Model Studies
Low, B.W.,Corfield, P.W.R.
(1987) Asia Pac.J.Pharmacol. 2: 115
- Molecular Conformation of Erabutoxin B. Atomic Coordinates at 2.5 Angstroms Resolution
Kimball, M.R.,Sato, A.,Richardson, J.S.,Rosen, L.S.,Low, B.W.
(1979) Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 88: 950
- The Three-Dimensional Structure of Postsynaptic Snake Neurotoxins. Consideration of Structure and Function
(1979) Handb.Exp.Pharmacol. 52: 213
The latter stages in the refinement of the protein erabutoxin b are described. The crystal structure of the 62-residue protein has been refined to a conventional R factor of 0.144 by stereochemically restrained least-squares methods using diffraction ...
The latter stages in the refinement of the protein erabutoxin b are described. The crystal structure of the 62-residue protein has been refined to a conventional R factor of 0.144 by stereochemically restrained least-squares methods using diffraction data to a limit of 1.4 A spacings. Emphasis was placed on determining as accurately as possible the solvent structure and the structures of heterogeneous groups in the protein. The final model includes two conformers for each of seven side chains and for an octapeptide segment. A total of 111 sites for water molecules have been located as well as one sulfate ion with a total of 68 site occupancies. 65 of the solvent sites overlap either with protein atoms belonging to groups in two alternative conformations or with other solvent sites. Dual protein conformers and overlapping solvent sites were both included in the least-squares refinement. Individual thermal and occupancy parameters were refined for solvent molecules. An analysis of these parameters has provided useful structural information.
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032.