Probing Torpedo californica acetylcholinesterase catalytic gorge with two novel bis-functional galanthamine derivatives.Bartolucci, C., Haller, L.A., Jordis, U., Fels, G., Lamba, D.
(2010) J.Med.Chem. 53: 745-751
- PubMed: 20025280
- DOI: 10.1021/jm901296p
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- PubMed Abstract:
- Accurate prediction of the bound conformation of galanthamine in the active site of Torpedo californica acetylcholinesterase using molecular docking
Pilger, C.,Bartolucci, C.,Lamba, D.,Tropsha, A.,Fels, G.
(2001) J.MOL.GRAPH.MODEL. 19: 288
- The complex of a bivalent derivative of galanthamine with Torpedo acetylcholinesterase displays drastic deformation of the active-site gorge: implications for structure-based drug design
Greenblatt, H.M.,Guillou, C.,Guenard, D.,Argaman, A.,Botti, S.,Badet, B.,Thal, C.,Silman, I.,Sussman, J.L.
(2004) J.Am.Chem.Soc. 126: 15405
- Galanthamine as bis-functional ligand for the acetylcholinesterase.
Luttmann, E.,Linnemann, E.,Fels, G.
(2002) J.Mol.Model. 8: 208
- Structure of acetylcholinesterase complexed with (-)-galanthamine at 2.3A resolution
Greenblatt, H.M.,Kryger, G.,Lewis, T.,Silman, I.,Sussman, J.L.
(1999) FEBS Lett. 463: 321
- Three-dimensional structure of a complex of galanthamine (Nivalin) with acetylcholinesterase from Torpedo californica: implications for the design of new anti-Alzheimer drugs
Bartolucci, C.,Perola, E.,Pilger, C.,Fels, G.,Lamba, D.
(2001) PROTEINS 42: 182
- A QXP-based multistep docking procedure for accurate prediction of protein-ligand complexes
Alisaraie, L.,Fels, G.
(2006) J.Chem.Inf.Model. 46: 1174
N-Piperidinopropyl-galanthamine (2) and N-saccharinohexyl-galanthamine (3) were used to investigate interaction sites along the active site gorge of Torpedo californica actylcholinesterase (TcAChE). The crystal structure of TcAChE-2 solved at 2.3 A s ...
N-Piperidinopropyl-galanthamine (2) and N-saccharinohexyl-galanthamine (3) were used to investigate interaction sites along the active site gorge of Torpedo californica actylcholinesterase (TcAChE). The crystal structure of TcAChE-2 solved at 2.3 A showed that the N-piperidinopropyl group in 2 is not stretched along the gorge but is folded over the galanthamine moiety. This result was unexpected because the three carbon alkyl chain is just long enough for the bulky piperidine group to be placed above the bottleneck (Tyr121, Phe330) midway down the gorge. The crystal structure of TcAChE-3 at 2.2 A confirmed that a dual interaction with the sites at the bottom, and at the entrance of the gorge, enhances inhibitory activity: a chain of six carbon atoms has, in this class of derivatives, the correct length for optimal interactions with the peripheral anionic site (PAS).
Istituto di Cristallografia, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Area della Ricerca di Roma, P.O. Box 10, I-00016 Monterotondo Stazione(Roma), Italy.