Crystal structures of catrocollastatin/VAP2B reveal a dynamic, modular architecture of ADAM/adamalysin/reprolysin family proteinsIgarashi, T., Araki, S., Mori, H., Takeda, S.
(2007) FEBS Lett 581: 2416-2422
- PubMed: 17485084
- DOI: 10.1016/j.febslet.2007.04.057
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
2DW2, 2DW1, 2DW0
- PubMed Abstract:
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of two vascular apoptosis-inducing proteins (VAPs) from Crotalus atrox venom.
Igarashi, T., Oishi, Y., Araki, S., Mori, H., Takeda, S.
(2006) Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62: 688
- Crystal structures of VAP1 reveal ADAMs' MDC domain architecture and its unique C-shaped scaffold
Takeda, S., Igarashi, T., Mori, H., Araki, S.
(2006) EMBO J 25: 2388
- cDNA cloning and some additional peptide characterization of a single-chain vascular apoptosis-inducing protein, VAP2
Masuda, S., Maeda, H., Miao, J.Y., Hayashi, H., Araki, S.
(2007) Endothelium 14: 89
- Two vascular apoptosis-inducing proteins from snake venom are members of the metalloprotease/disintegrin family
Masuda, S., Hayashi, H., Araki, S.
(1998) Eur J Biochem 253: 36
Catrocollastatin/vascular apoptosis-inducing protein (VAP)2B is a metalloproteinase from Crotalus atrox venom, possessing metalloproteinase/disintegrin/cysteine-rich (MDC) domains that bear the typical domain architecture of a disintegrin and metalloprot ...
Catrocollastatin/vascular apoptosis-inducing protein (VAP)2B is a metalloproteinase from Crotalus atrox venom, possessing metalloproteinase/disintegrin/cysteine-rich (MDC) domains that bear the typical domain architecture of a disintegrin and metalloproteinase (ADAM)/adamalysin/reprolysin family proteins. Here we describe crystal structures of catrocollastatin/VAP2B in three different crystal forms, representing the first reported crystal structures of a member of the monomeric class of this family of proteins. The overall structures show good agreement with both monomers of atypical homodimeric VAP1. Comparison of the six catrocollastatin/VAP2B monomer structures and the structures of VAP1 reveals a dynamic, modular architecture that may be important for the functions of ADAM/adamalysin/reprolysin family proteins.
Department of Cardiac Physiology, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute 5-7-1 Fujishiro-dai, Suita, Osaka 565-8565, Japan.