Structure, refinement, and function of carbonic anhydrase isozymes: refinement of human carbonic anhydrase IKannan, K.K., Ramanadham, M., Jones, T.A.
(1984) Ann N Y Acad Sci 429: 49-60
- PubMed: 6430186
- DOI: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.1984.tb12314.x
- Structures With Same Primary Citation
- PubMed Abstract:
- Structure and Function of Carbonic Anhydrases
(1980) Biomolecular Structure, Conformation, Function And Evolution 1: 165
- Crystal Structure of Carbonic Anhydrase
(1980) Biophysics And Physiology Of Carbon Dioxide --: 184
- Structure, Refinement, and Function of Human Carbonic Anhydrase-B
Kannan, K.K., Ramanadham, M.
(1981) Int J Quantum Chem Quantum Chem Symp 20: 199
- Structure and Function of Carbonic Anhydrases. Imidazole Binding to Human Carbonic Anhydrace B and the Mechanism of Action of Carbonic Anhydrases
Kannan, K.K., Petef, M., Fridborg, K., Cid-Dresdner, H., Lovgren, S.
(1977) FEBS Lett 73: 115
- Crystal Structure of Human Erythrocyte Carbonic Anhydrase B, Three-Dimensional Structure at a Nominal 2.2 Angstroms Resolution
Kannan, K.K., Notstrand, B., Fridborg, K., Lovgren, S., Ohlsson, A., Petef, M.
(1975) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 72: 51
- Structural Relationship of Human Erythrocyte Carbonic Anhydrase Isozymes B and C
Notstrand, B., Vaara, I., Kannan, K.K.
(1975) Isozymes-molecular Structure 1: 575
The structure of human erythrocyte carbonic anhydrase I has been refined to a final R value of 19% to 2-A resolution by a combination of least squares refinement and model fitting in a three-dimensional graphics display. About 300 solvent atoms have ...
The structure of human erythrocyte carbonic anhydrase I has been refined to a final R value of 19% to 2-A resolution by a combination of least squares refinement and model fitting in a three-dimensional graphics display. About 300 solvent atoms have been located bound to the protein molecule. An interesting hydrogen bond network involving Zn2+, the liganded solvent, side chain groups of Thr-199, Glu-106, Thr-7, and His-64 through two solvent molecules have been found that may be important for the catalytic mechanism of the carbonic anhydrase.
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, GKVK Post, Bangalore 560 065, India.