The refined 2.0 A X-ray crystal structure of the complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and CMTI-I, a trypsin inhibitor from squash seeds (Cucurbita maxima). Topological similarity of the squash seed inhibitors with the carboxypeptidase A inhibitor from potatoesBode, W., Greyling, H.J., Huber, R., Otlewski, J., Wilusz, T.
(1989) FEBS Lett 242: 285-292
- PubMed: 2914611
- DOI: 10.1016/0014-5793(89)80486-7
- Structures With Same Primary Citation
- PubMed Abstract:
- Ligand Binding: Proteinase-Protein Inhibitor Interactions
Bode, W., Huber, R.
(1991) Curr Opin Struct Biol 1: 45
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Solution and X-Ray Structures of Squash Trypsin Inhibitor Exhibit the Same Conformation of the Proteinase Binding Loop
Holak, T.A., Bode, W., Huber, R., Otlewski, J., Wilusz, T.
(1989) J Mol Biol 210: 649
- The Squash Family of Serine Proteinase Inhibitors. Amino Acid Sequences and Association Equilibrium Constants of Inhibitors from Squash, Summer Squash, Zucchini, and Cucumber Seeds
Wieczorek, M., Otlewski, J., Cook, J., Parks, K., Leluk, J., Wilimowska-Pelc, A., Polanowski, A., Wilusz, T., Laskowski Junior, M.
(1985) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 126: 646
- Amino-Acid Sequence of Two Trypsin Isoinhibitors, Itd I and Itd III from Squash Seeds (Cucurbita Maxima)
Wilusz, T., Wieczorek, M., Polanowski, A., Denton, A., Cook, J., Laskowski Junior, M.
(1983) Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 364: 93
- The Refined Crystal Structure of Bovine Beta-Trypsin at 1.8 Angstroms Resolution. Crystallographic Refinement, Calcium Binding Site, Benzamidine Binding Site and Active Site at Ph 7.0
Bode, W., Schwager, P.
(1975) J Mol Biol 98: 693
The stoichiometric complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and the Cucurbita maxima trypsin inhibitor I (CMTI-I) was crystallized and its X-ray crystal structure determined using Patterson search techniques. Its structure has been crystallographic ...
The stoichiometric complex formed between bovine beta-trypsin and the Cucurbita maxima trypsin inhibitor I (CMTI-I) was crystallized and its X-ray crystal structure determined using Patterson search techniques. Its structure has been crystallographically refined to a final R value of 0.152 (6.0-2.0 A). CMTI-I is of ellipsoidal shape; it lacks helices or beta-sheets, but consists of turns and connecting short polypeptide stretches. The disulfide pairing is CYS-3I-20I, Cys-10I-22I and Cys-16I-28I. According to the polypeptide fold and disulfide connectivity its structure resembles that of the carboxypeptidase A inhibitor from potatoes. Thirteen of the 29 inhibitor residues are in direct contact with trypsin; most of them are in the primary binding segment Val-2I (P4)-Glu-9I (P4') which contains the reactive site bond Arg-5I-Ile-6I and is in a conformation observed also for other serine proteinase inhibitors.
Max-Planck-Institut für Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG.