Molecular basis for the binding of SH3 ligands with non-peptide elements identified by combinatorial synthesis.Feng, S., Kapoor, T.M., Shirai, F., Combs, A.P., Schreiber, S.L.
(1996) Chem Biol 3: 661-670
- PubMed: 8807900
- DOI: 10.1016/s1074-5521(96)90134-9
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- PubMed Abstract:
- Protein Structure-Based Combinatorial Chemistry: Discovery of Non-Peptide Binding Elements to Src SH3 Domain
Combs, A.P., Kapoor, T.M., Feng, S., Chen, J.K., Daude-Snow, L.F., Schreiber, S.L.
(1996) J Am Chem Soc 118: 287
- Specific Interactions Outside the Proline-Rich Core of Two Classes of Src Homology 3 Ligands
Feng, S., Kasahara, C., Rickles, R.J., Schreiber, S.L.
(1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92: 12408
- Structural Basis for the Binding of Proline-Rich Peptides to SH3 Domains
Yu, H., Chen, J.K., Feng, S., Dalgarno, D.C., Brauer, A.W., Schreiber, S.L.
(1994) Cell 76: 933
- Two Binding Orientations for Peptides to the Src SH3 Domain: Development of a General Model for SH3-Ligand Interactions
Feng, S., Chen, J.K., Yu, H., Simon, J.A., Schreiber, S.L.
(1994) Science 266: 1241
- Solution Structure of the SH3 Domain of Src and Identification of its Ligand-Binding Site
Yu, H., Rosen, M.K., Shin, T.B., Seidel-Dugan, C., Brugge, J.S., Schreiber, S.L.
(1992) Science 258: 1665
Protein-structure-based combinatorial chemistry has recently been used to discover several ligands containing non-peptide binding elements to the Src SH3 domain. The encoded library used has the form Cap-M1-M2-M3-PLPPLP, in which the Cap and Mi's are com ...
Protein-structure-based combinatorial chemistry has recently been used to discover several ligands containing non-peptide binding elements to the Src SH3 domain. The encoded library used has the form Cap-M1-M2-M3-PLPPLP, in which the Cap and Mi's are composed of a diverse set of organic monomers. The PLPPLP portion provided a structural bias directing the non-peptide fragment Cap-M1-M2-M3 to the SH3 specificity pocket. Fifteen ligands were selected from > 1.1 million distinct compounds. The structural basis for selection was unknown.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, MA 02138, USA.