Refined crystal structure of Acinetobacter glutaminasificans glutaminase-asparaginase.Lubkowski, J., Wlodawer, A., Housset, D., Weber, I.T., Ammon, H.L., Murphy, K.C., Swain, A.L.
(1994) Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 50: 826-832
- PubMed: 15299349
- DOI: 10.1107/S0907444994003446
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- PubMed Abstract:
- Structural Characterization of Pseudomonas 7A Glutaminase-Asparaginase
Lubkowski, J., Wlodawer, A., Ammon, H.L., Copeland, T.D., Swain, A.L.
(1994) Biochemistry 33: 10257
- A Left-Handed Crossover Involved in Amidohydrolysis Catalysis: Crystal Structure of Erwinia Chrysanthemi L-Asparaginase with Bound L-Aspartate
Miller, M., Rao, J.K.M., Wlodawer, A., Gribskov, M.R.
(1993) FEBS Lett 328: 275
- Crystal Structure of E. Coli L-Asparaginase, an Enzyme Used in Cancer Therapy
Swain, A.L., Jaskolski, M., Housset, D., Rao, J.K.M., Wlodawer, A.
(1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90: 1474
- Preliminary Crystal Structure of Acinetobacter Glutaminasificans Glutaminase-Asparaginase
Ammon, H.L., Weber, I.T., Wlodawer, A., Harrison, R.W., Gilliland, G.L., Murphy, K.C., Sjolin, L., Roberts, J.
(1988) J Biol Chem 263: 150
- Structures of Amidohydrolases: Amino Acid Sequence of a Glutaminase-Asparaginase from Acinetobacter Glutaminasificans and Preliminary Crystallographic Data for an Asparaginase from Erwinia Chrysanthemi
Tanaka, S., Robinson, E.A., Appella, E., Miller, M., Ammon, H.L., Roberts, J., Wlodawer, A.
(1988) J Biol Chem 263: 8583
- The Molecular Symmetry of Glutaminase-Asparaginases: Rotation Function Studies of the Pseudomonas 7A and Acinetobacter Enzymes
Ammon, H.L., Murphy, K.C., Sjolin, L., Wlodawer, A., Holcenberg, J.S., Roberts, J.
(1983) Acta Crystallogr B 39: 250
The crystal structure of glutaminase-asparaginase from Acinetobacter glutaminasificans has been reinterpreted and refined to an R factor of 0.171 at 2.9 A resolution, using the same X-ray diffraction data that were used to build a preliminary model of this enzyme [Ammon, Weber, Wlodawer, Harrison, Gilliland, Murphy, Sjölin & Roberts (1988) ...
The crystal structure of glutaminase-asparaginase from Acinetobacter glutaminasificans has been reinterpreted and refined to an R factor of 0.171 at 2.9 A resolution, using the same X-ray diffraction data that were used to build a preliminary model of this enzyme [Ammon, Weber, Wlodawer, Harrison, Gilliland, Murphy, Sjölin & Roberts (1988). J. Biol. Chem. 263, 150-156]. The current model, which does not include solvent, is based in part on the related structure of Escherichia coli asparaginase and is significantly different from the structure of the enzyme from A. glutaminasificans described previously. The reason for the discrepancies has been traced to insufficient phasing power of the original heavy-atom derivative data, which could not be compensated for fully by electron-density modification techniques. The corrected structure of A. glutaminasificans glutaminase-asparaginase is presented and compared with the preliminary model and with the structure of E. coli asparaginase.
Macromolecular Structure Laboratory, NCI-Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, ABL-Basic Research Program, MD 21702-1201, USA.