An NMR-derived model for the solution structure of oxidized putidaredoxin, a 2-Fe, 2-S ferredoxin from Pseudomonas.Pochapsky, T.C., Ye, X.M., Ratnaswamy, G., Lyons, T.A.
(1994) Biochemistry 33: 6424-6432
- PubMed: 8204575
- Also Cited By: 1YJI, 1YJJ
- PubMed Abstract:
- Crystallization and Structure Determination to 2.5-Angstroms Resolution of the Oxidized [2Fe-2S] Ferredoxin Isolated from Anabaena 7120
Rypniewski, W.R.,Breiter, D.R.,Benning, M.M.,Wesenberg, G.,Oh, B.H.,Markley, J.L.,Rayment, I.,Holden, H.M.
(1991) Biochemistry 30: 4126
- 1H NMR Identification of a Beta-Sheet Structure and Description of Folding Topology in Putidaredoxin
Pochapsky, T.C.,Ye, X.M.
(1991) Biochemistry 30: 3850
- Characterization of Hyperfine-Shifted 1H Resonances in Oxidized and Reduced Putidaredoxin, an Fe2S2Ferredoxin from Pseudomonus Putida
Ratnaswamy, G.,Pochapsky, T.C.
(1994) Magn.Reson.Chem. 31: S73
- 1H NMR Sequential Assignments and Identification of Secondary Structural Elements in Oxidized Putidaredoxin, an Electron-Transfer Protein from Pseudomonas
Ye, X.M.,Pochapsky, T.C.,Pochapsky, S.S.
(1992) Biochemistry 31: 1961
- Redox-Dependent 1H NMR Spectral Features and Tertiary Structural Constraints on the C-Terminal Region of Putidaredoxin
Pochapsky, T.C.,Ratnaswamy, G.,Patera, A.
(1994) Biochemistry 33: 6433
A model for the solution structure of oxidized putidaredoxin (Pdx), a 106-residue globular protein containing a Fe2S2 cluster, has been determined using homonuclear NMR methods. Pdx is the first of the class of Fe2S2Cys4 ferredoxins which act as elec ...
A model for the solution structure of oxidized putidaredoxin (Pdx), a 106-residue globular protein containing a Fe2S2 cluster, has been determined using homonuclear NMR methods. Pdx is the first of the class of Fe2S2Cys4 ferredoxins which act as electron-transfer partners for P-450 monooxygenases to be structurally characterized, and no crystal structure has been determined for Pdx or for any closely homologous protein. Pdx is the physiological redox partner of cytochrome P-450cam. A total of 878 NOE distance constraints, 66 phi angular constraints derived from NH-C alpha H coupling constants, and five paramagnetic broadening constraints were used in simulated annealing structural refinements to obtain a family of structures with pairwise rms deviations of 1.14 A for backbone atoms and 1.80 A for all non-hydrogen atoms. Paramagnetic broadening of resonances within a ca. 8-A radius of the metal cluster prevents the use of NMR-derived constraints in this region of the protein; structural constraints used to model the environment of the metal cluster were obtained from site-directed mutagenesis and model compounds and by comparison with known ferredoxin structures. Pdx retains a similar folding topology to other structurally characterized Fe2S2Cys4 ferredoxins but differs from the other ferredoxins in containing a significantly more compact structure in the C-terminal half of the protein.
Department of Chemistry, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254-9110.