The Solution Structure of the Loop E Region of the 5S rRNA from Spinach ChloroplastsVallurupalli, P., Moore, P.B.
(2003) J.Mol.Biol. 325: 843-856
- PubMed: 12527295
- PubMed Abstract:
- The loop E-loop D region of Escherichia coli 5S rRNA: the solution structure reveals an unusual loop that may be important for binding ribosomal proteins.
Dallas, A.,Moore, P.B.
(1997) Structure 5: 1639
- The NMR structure of the 5S rRNA E-domain-protein L25 complex shows preformed and induced recognition
Stoldt, M.,Wohnert, J.,Ohlenschlager, O.,Gorlach, M.,Brown, L.R.
(1999) Embo J. 18: 6508
- Higher order structure of chloroplastic 5S ribosomal RNA from spinach.
Romby, P.,Westhof, E.,Toukifimpa, R.,Mache, R.,Ebel, J.P.,Ehresmann, C.,Ehresmann, B.
(1988) Biochemistry 27: 4721
- Metals, Motifs, and Recognition in the Crystal Structure of a 5S rRNA domain
Correll, C.,Freeborn, B.,Moore, P.B.,Steitz, T.A.
(1997) Cell 91: 705
- The 5S rRNA loop E: Chemical probing and phylogenetic data versus crystal structure
Leontis, N.B.,Westhof, E.
(1998) RNA 4: 1134
- Structure of Escherichia coli ribosomal protein L25 complexed with a 5S rRNA fragment at 1.8-A resolution
Lu, M.,Steitz, T.A.
(2000) Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 97: 2023
A structure has been obtained for the loop E region of the 5S rRNA from Spinacia oleracia chloroplast ribosomes using residual dipolar coupling data as well as NOE, J coupling and chemical shift information. Even though the loop E sequence of this ch ...
A structure has been obtained for the loop E region of the 5S rRNA from Spinacia oleracia chloroplast ribosomes using residual dipolar coupling data as well as NOE, J coupling and chemical shift information. Even though the loop E sequence of this chloroplast 5S rRNA differs from that of Escherichia coli loop E at approximately 40% of its positions, its conformation is remarkably similar to that of E.coli loop E. Consistent with this conclusion, ribosomal protein L25 from E.coli, which binds to the loop E region of both intact E.coli 5S rRNA and to oligonucleotides containing that sequence, also binds to the chloroplast-derived oligonucleotide discussed here.
Department of Chemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520-8107, USA.