Complex of rat transthyretin with tetraiodothyroacetic acid refined at 2.1 and 1.8 A resolution.Muziol, T., Cody, V., Luft, J.R., Pangborn, W., Wojtczak, A.
(2001) Acta Biochim.Pol. 48: 877-884
- PubMed: 11995998
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:  1KED
- PubMed Abstract:
- STRUCTURE OF RAT (rTTR) TRANSTHYRETIN COMPLEX WITH THYROXINE AT 2.5 A RESOLUTION: FIRST NON-BIASED INS INTO THYROXINE BINDING REVEALS DIFFERENT HORMONE ORIENTATION IN TWO BINDING SITES
Wojtczak, A.,Cody, V.,Luft, J.,Pangborn, W.
(2001) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 57: 1061
- Mechanism of Molecular Recognition. Structural Aspects of 3,3'-Diiodo-L-Thyronine Binding to Human Serum Transthyretin
Wojtczak, A.,Luft, J.,Cody, V.
(1992) J.Biol.Chem. 267: 353
- Structure of New Polymorphic Monoclinic Form of Hum Transthyretin at 3A Resolution Reveals a Mixed Comp between Unliganded and T4-Bound Tetramers of Ttr
Wojtczak, A.,Neumann, P.,Cody, V.
(2001) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 57: 957
- Structural Aspects of Inotropic Bipyridine Binding. Crystal Structure Determination to 1.9 A of the Human Serum Transthyretin-Milrinone Complex
Wojtczak, A.,Luft, J.R.,Cody, V.
(1993) J.Biol.Chem. 268: 6202
- Structures of Human Transthyretin Complexed with Thyroxine at 2.0 A Resolution and 3',5'-Dinitro-N-Acetyl-L-Thyronine at 2.2 A Resolution
Wojtczak, A.,Cody, V.,Luft, J.R.,Pangborn, W.
(1996) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 52: 758
The crystal structure of rat transthyretin (rTTR) complex with 3,5,3',5'-tetraiodothyroacetic acid (T4Ac) was determined at 1.8 A resolution with low temperature synchrotron data collected at CHESS. The structure was refined to R = 0.207 and Rfree = ...
The crystal structure of rat transthyretin (rTTR) complex with 3,5,3',5'-tetraiodothyroacetic acid (T4Ac) was determined at 1.8 A resolution with low temperature synchrotron data collected at CHESS. The structure was refined to R = 0.207 and Rfree = 0.24 with the use of 8-1.8 A data. The additional 8000 reflections from the incomplete 2.1-1.8 data shell, included in the refinement, reduced the Rfree index by 1.3%. Structure comparison with the model refined against the complete 8-2.1 A data revealed no differences in the ligand orientation and the conformation of the polypeptide chain in the core regions. However, the high-resolution data included in the refinement improved the model in the flexible regions poorly defined with the lower resolution data. Also additional sixteen water molecules were found in the difference map calculated with the extended data. The structure revealed both forward and reverse binding of tetraiodothyroacetic acid in one binding site and two modes of forward ligand binding in the second site, with the phenolic iodine atoms occupying different sets of the halogen binding pockets.
Institute of Chemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland.