Structure of poliovirus type 2 Lansing complexed with antiviral agent SCH48973: comparison of the structural and biological properties of three poliovirus serotypes.Lentz, K.N., Smith, A.D., Geisler, S.C., Cox, S., Buontempo, P., Skelton, A., DeMartino, J., Rozhon, E., Schwartz, J., Girijavallabhan, V., O'Connell, J., Arnold, E.
(1997) Structure 5: 961-978
- PubMed: 9261087
- PubMed Abstract:
- Structures of Poliovirus Complexes with Anti-Viral Drugs: Implications for Viral Stability and Drug Design
Grant, R.A.,Hiremath, C.N.,Filman, D.J.,Syed, R.,Andries, K.,Hogle, J.M.
(1994) Curr.Biol. 4: 784
- Three-Dimensional Structure of a Mouse-Adapted Type 2/Type 1 Poliovirus Chimera
Yeates, T.O.,Jacobson, D.H.,Martin, A.,Wychowski, C.,Girard, M.,Filman, D.J.,Hogle, J.M.
(1991) Embo J. 10: 2331
- Three-Dimensional Structure of Poliovirus at 2.9 A Resolution
Hogle, J.M.,Chow, M.,Filman, D.J.
(1985) Science 229: 1358
- Three Dimensional Structure-Activity Relationships for Antiviral Agents that Interact with Picornavirus Capsids
Zhang, A.,Nanni, R.,Oren, D.A.,Rozhon, E.J.,Arnold, E.
(1992) Semin.Virol. 3: 453
- Structural Factors that Control Conformational Transitions and Serotype Specificity in Type 3 Poliovirus
Filman, D.J.,Syed, R.,Chow, M.,Macadam, A.J.,Minor, P.D.,Hogle, J.M.
(1989) Embo J. 8: 1567
Polioviruses are human pathogens and the causative agents of poliomyelitis. Polioviruses are icosahedral single-stranded RNA viruses, which belong to the picornavirus family, and occur as three distinct serotypes. All three serotypes of poliovirus ca ...
Polioviruses are human pathogens and the causative agents of poliomyelitis. Polioviruses are icosahedral single-stranded RNA viruses, which belong to the picornavirus family, and occur as three distinct serotypes. All three serotypes of poliovirus can infect primates, but only type 2 can infect mice. The crystal structures of a type 1 and a type 3 poliovirus are already known. Structural studies of poliovirus type 2 Lansing (PV2L) were initiated to try to enhance our understanding of the differences in host range specificity, antigenicity and receptor binding among the three serotypes of poliovirus.
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA.