Comparison of binding interactions of dibromoflavonoids with transthyretin.Muziol, T., Cody, V., Wojtczak, A.
(2001) Acta Biochim.Pol. 48: 885-892
- PubMed: 11995999
- PubMed Abstract:
- Structure of New Polymorphic Monoclinic Form of Hum Transthyretin at 3A Resolution Reveals a Mixed Comp between Unliganded and T4-Bound Tetramers of Ttr
Wojtczak, A.,Neumann, P.,Cody, V.
(2001) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 57: 957
- STRUCTURE OF RAT (rTTR) TRANSTHYRETIN COMPLEX WITH THYROXINE AT 2.5 A RESOLUTION: FIRST NON-BIASED INS INTO THYROXINE BINDING REVEALS DIFFERENT HORMONE ORIENTATION IN TWO BINDING SITES
Wojtczak, A.,Cody, V.,Luft, J.,Pangborn, W.
(2001) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 57: 1061
- Structures of Human Transthyretin Complexed with Thyroxine at 2.0 A Resolution and 3',5'-Dinitro-N-Acetyl-L-Thyronine at 2.2 A Resolution
Wojtczak, A.,Cody, V.,Luft, J.R.,Pangborn, W.
(1996) Acta Crystallogr.,Sect.D 52: 758
- Structural Aspects of Inotropic Bipyridine Binding. Crystal Structure Determination to 1.9 A of the Human Serum Transthyretin-Milrinone Complex
Wojtczak, A.,Luft, J.R.,Cody, V.
(1993) J.Biol.Chem. 268: 6202
- Mechanism of Molecular Recognition. Structural Aspects of 3,3'-Diiodo-L-Thyronine Binding to Human Serum Transthyretin
Wojtczak, A.,Luft, J.,Cody, V.
(1992) J.Biol.Chem. 267: 353
The crystal structure of rat transthyretin (rTTR) complex with the dibromoflavone EMD21388 was determined to 2.3 A resolution and refined to R = 0.203 and Rfree = 0.288. Two different orientations of EMD21388, which differ in the channel penetration ...
The crystal structure of rat transthyretin (rTTR) complex with the dibromoflavone EMD21388 was determined to 2.3 A resolution and refined to R = 0.203 and Rfree = 0.288. Two different orientations of EMD21388, which differ in the channel penetration by 1.6 A, were found in the A/C binding site of rTTR. The single ligand position observed in the BID site is intermediate between the two positions found in the A/C site. The position of the dibromoflavone in the B/D site is similar to that reported for dibromoaurone in human TTR. The bromine atoms of EMD21388 form strong interactions in the P3 and P3' pockets of rTTR. Due to the different molecular architectures of both ligands, dibromoflavone forms only one interaction with Lys-15 near the channel entrance, while direct interactions with the pair of Lys-15 were reported for dibromoaurone. The C3* methyl group of EMD21388 mediates the bridging interactions between two TTR subunits in the P2 pockets. The interactions of the O2* hydroxyl group of dibromoaurone with the Thr-119 side chain in the P3 pockets are not matched by similar interactions in EMD21388. Both these alternative interactions can explain the competitive binding of 3',5'-dibromoflavonoids to transthyretin.
Institute of Chemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland.