The solution structure of human thioredoxin complexed with its target from Ref-1 reveals peptide chain reversal.Qin, J., Clore, G.M., Kennedy, W.P., Kuszewski, J., Gronenborn, A.M.
(1996) Structure 4: 613-620
- PubMed: 8736558
- DOI: 10.1016/s0969-2126(96)00065-2
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- PubMed Abstract:
- Solution Structure of Human Thioredoxin in a Mixed Disulfide Intermediate Complex with its Target Peptide from the Transcription Factor NF Kappa B
Qin, J., Clore, G.M., Kennedy, W.M., Huth, J.R., Gronenborn, A.M.
(1995) Structure 3: 289
- The High-Resolution Three-Dimensional Solution Structures of the Oxidized and Reduced States of Human Thioredoxin
Qin, J., Clore, G.M., Gronenborn, A.M.
(1994) Structure 2: 503
- High-Resolution Three-Dimensional Structure of Reduced Recombinant Human Thioredoxin in Solution
Forman-Kay, J.D., Clore, G.M., Wingfield, P.T., Gronenborn, A.M.
(1991) Biochemistry 30: 2685
Human thioredoxin (hTRX) is a 12 kDa cellular redox protein that has been shown to play an important role in the activation of a number of transcriptional and translational regulators via a thiol-redox mechanism. This activity may be direct or indirect v ...
Human thioredoxin (hTRX) is a 12 kDa cellular redox protein that has been shown to play an important role in the activation of a number of transcriptional and translational regulators via a thiol-redox mechanism. This activity may be direct or indirect via another redox protein known as Ref-1. The structure of a complex of hTRX with a peptide comprising its target from the transcription factor NF kappa B has previously been solved. To further extend our knowledge of the recognition by and interaction of hTRX with its various targets, we have studied a complex between hTRX and a Ref-1 peptide. This complex represents a kinetically stable mixed disulfide intermediate along the reaction pathway.
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892-0520, USA.