Crystal structures of factor Xa specific inhibitors in complex with trypsin: structural grounds for inhibition of factor Xa and selectivity against thrombin.Stubbs, M.T., Huber, R., Bode, W.
(1995) FEBS Lett. 375: 103-107
- PubMed: 7498454
- Primary Citation of Related Structures:
- Also Cited By: 1QL9, 1QL8, 1QL7, 1QBO, 1QB9
- PubMed Abstract:
- The Second Kunitz Domain of Human Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor. Cloning, Structure Determination and Interaction with Factor Xa
Burgering, M.J.,Orbons, L.P.,Van Der Doelen, A.,Mulders, J.,Theunissen, H.J.,Grootenhuis, P.D.,Bode, W.,Huber, R.,Stubbs, M.T.
(1997) J.Mol.Biol. 269: 395
- X-Ray Structure of Active Site-Inhibited Clotting Factor Xa. Implications for Drug Design and Substrate Recognition
Brandstetter, H.,Kuhne, A.,Bode, W.,Huber, R.,Von Der Saal, W.,Wirthensohn, K.,Engh, R.A.
(1996) J.Biol.Chem. 271: 29988
- The Ornithodorin-Thrombin Crystal Structure, a Key to the Tap Enigma?
Van De Locht, A.,Stubbs, M.T.,Bode, W.,Friedrich, T.,Bollschweiler, C.,Hoffken, W.,Huber, R.
(1996) Embo J. 15: 6011
- Crystal Structure of Bovine Beta-Trypsin at 1.5 A Resolution in a Crystal Form with Low Molecular Packing Density. Active Site Geometry, Ion Pairs and Solvent Structure
Bartunik, H.D.,Summers, L.J.,Bartsch, H.H.
(1989) J.Mol.Biol. 210: 813
- Structural Aspects of Factor Xa Inhibition
(1996) Curr.Pharm.Des. 2: 543
- The Refined Crystal Structure of Bovine Beta-Trypsin at 1.8 A Resolution. II. Crystallographic Refinement, Calcium Binding Site, Benzamidine Binding Site and Active Site at Ph 7.0
Bode, W.,Schwager, P.
(1975) J.Mol.Biol. 98: 693
- Structure of Human Des(1-45) Factor Xa at 2.2 A Resolution
Padmanabhan, K.,Padmanabhan, K.P.,Tulinsky, A.,Park, C.H.,Bode, W.,Huber, R.,Blankenship, D.T.,Cardin, A.D.,Kisiel, W.
(1993) J.Mol.Biol. 232: 947
- Geometry of Binding of the Benzamidine-and Arginine-Based Inhibitors N Alpha-(2-Naphthyl-Sulphonyl-Glycyl)-Dl-P-Amidinophenylalanyl-Piperidine (Napap) and (2R,4R)-4-Methyl-1-[N Alpha-(3-Methyl-1,2,3,4-Tetrahydro-8-Quinolinesulphonyl)-L-Arginyl]-2-Piperidine to Carboxylic Acid (Mqpa) Human Alpha-Thrombin. X-Ray Crystallographic Determination of the Napap-Trypsin Complex and Modeling of Napap-Thrombin and Mqpa-Thrombin
Bode, W.,Turk, D.,Sturzebecher, J.
(1990) Eur.J.Biochem. 193: 175
- Geometry of Binding of the N Alpha-Tosylated Piperidides of M-Amidino-, P-Amidino-and P-Guanidino Phenylalanine to Thrombin and Trypsin. X-Ray Crystal Structures of Their Trypsin Complexes and Modeling of Their Thrombin Complexes
Turk, D.,Sturzebecher, J.,Bode, W.
(1991) FEBS Lett. 287: 133
Crystal structures of DX9065a and a related bisamidino-aryl inhibitor specific for the blood-clotting factor Xa have been solved in complex with bovine beta-trypsin to a resolution of 1.9 A. Each inhibitor exhibits an extended conformation along the ...
Crystal structures of DX9065a and a related bisamidino-aryl inhibitor specific for the blood-clotting factor Xa have been solved in complex with bovine beta-trypsin to a resolution of 1.9 A. Each inhibitor exhibits an extended conformation along the active site, in contrast to the compact folded structures observed for thrombin specific inhibitors. Few direct contacts (predominantly in the S1 pocket) are made between trypsin and the inhibitors. Transfer of the inhibitors to the active site of factor Xa suggests a three-site interaction: salt bridge formation at the base of the primary specificity pocket, extensive hydrophobic surface burial and a weak electrostatic interaction between the distal basic component of the inhibitor and an electronegative cavity of factor Xa formed by three backbone carbonyl oxygens. Additivity of these three interactions is the basis for the observed strong inhibition of factor Xa and provides a framework for the design of novel factor Xa inhibitors. A propionic acid group of the inhibitor would clash with the thrombin specific '60-insertion loop', thus conferring selectivity against thrombin.
Max-Planck Institut für Biochemie, Martinsried bei München, Germany.