No. 3 - Fall 1999
© 1999 RCSB
PDB News Distribution Advisory
The PDB proposes to make the following changes in the way they disseminate information to the community, with the goal of being more timely and cutting production costs.
- New developments will be posted to the PDB Web site http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/ on a weekly basis.
- These announcements will be accessible in chronological order going back to the last newsletter (a maximum of 3 months).
- On a quarterly basis, these announcements and other relevant information will be collated into a quarterly Newsletter.
- The Newsletter will be available on the Web in the form it is now (see http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/newsletter.html). Links to previous Newsletters will appear with the chronological list of recent news.
- As is the case at present, a text version will be distributed to those who have subscribed to the Newsletter mailing list.
- There will no longer be a printed version of the Newsletter distributed via standard mail.
- The PDB will produce an annual report. The annual report will be made available on the Web in PDF format and in printed form.
- Other services, for example the pdb-l list, will not change.