Custom Report Web Services
The RCSB PDB website provides pre-defined summary and customizable reports for query results. Web Services can also be used to generate reports. These reports are generated based on
- PDB IDs: A list of PDB IDs
- Report name: Summary reports use predefined fields related to the report subject
Field items: Any combination of fields selected by the user
- Format (optional): Reports can be generated in XML, CSV, and Excel. Format is an optional parameter; XML is the default.
Retrieve a custom report with a list of PDB IDs and report fields:
- PDB ID: 1stp,2jef,1cdg
- Fields: Structure Id, Structure Title, Experimental Technique
The RCSB PDB is always adding new fields and features to the custom tabular report. Please follow the steps below to make sure that the parameters are supported and up to date.
Step 1: Run a query to get a list of PDB ID (associated with a query id) for your report
Sample XML Queries:
The Query is displayed in the Textbox below
<orgPdbQuery> <queryType>org.pdb.query.simple.UpAccessionIdQuery</queryType> <description>Simple query for a list of UniprotKB Accession IDs: P50225</description> <accessionIdList>P50225</accessionIdList> </orgPdbQuery>
Now POST this query against Web Services:
Sort results by:
Step 2: Get a list of field name from custom or summary report list
Generate Report Fields:
Step 3: Specify the format (optional step)
Reports can be exported in in CSV, XML, or Excel format.
- View a Java example GetCustomReport.java